Wednesday, March 11, 2015

I SAID NO!

I don't know what has gotten into my son lately, but I'm about done!  Seriously; this boy has been having issues at school since about Christmas.   Almost daily he comes home with a note from one problem or the other.  Is it the age??  I can't handle it, I just can't.






He is talking back to teachers, lying to teachers, arguing with teachers....do you see a pattern?!?!  Don't get me wrong, I'm really thankful that he's not bullying other students or being aggressive towards other kids, but come on....he's got to get better at taming that tongue.

First, we started by taking away privileges when he would come home with a less than stellar report.  Now, we have started giving him extra chores to do as well as still losing those privileges.  I feel like we have talked to him until we're blue in the face...all the while feeling its going in one ear and out the other.  Why the heck can't he just get it through his thick head??  Its really getting draining when its almost everyday.  If this is what 3rd grade is like....I can't WAIT *insert sarcasm here* until Middle school and High school.

The problem is its not only happening at school but at home as well.  I just want to grab his tongue and rip it out.....that and SCREAM SHUT-UP!!  Which I might definitely have done on occasion.  He just doesn't stop.  DOES. NOT. STOP!!

He constantly tries to argue his point, he NEVER takes no for an answer and always has to have the last word.

But then I think, Am I that way with God?  Do I sit back and take HIS "No" for an answer or do I grumble and complain about how my life is not how I wanted it??  How many times have I argued with God over certain situations and said I'm going to do things my way??  Ouch, that stings a little because I think that's more times than I care to admit.

I know that I have gone through some pretty low times and even questioned if God was really there.  I think that's only human that we feel that way.  But I have also come out of this knowing without a shadow of a doubt that HE is REAL and that He loves me more than I can even comprehend.

I'm sure it frustrates God when we "argue" back with Him just as it frustrates me when Garrett talks back about everything.  But it also is a good reminder to me that I need to listen and heed God's ways and trust that He has everything under control. 

So as we continue through this horrible  current stage in our lives, I need to remember that hopefully it's just a phase and that this too shall pass.

On a positive note, I am kinda enjoying the fact that the chores he's getting to do are things that I really don't enjoy doing....can't tell you the last time I cleaned the bathroom......I'll take that!

No comments:

Post a Comment