Sunday, February 22, 2015

Even the Little Things




God loves us so much that He even cares about the little things....and that's a fact!





Here's my story:

I had a large braided rug under my kitchen table that my mother-in-law gave me years ago.  It was a beautiful rug and matched my kitchen perfectly!  A few months ago I noticed that it was starting to fall apart....I tried to sew it to no avail. It kept getting worse and worse and alas, I had to throw away my beloved rug.

What a bare kitchen without it!  I decided I would get a new one for Christmas.  Do you know how expensive Braided rugs are???  Whoa they are pricey....even if I would have put all my Christmas money together I still would have had to put more money towards it AND that's all I would have gotten for Christmas.  I knew that tax time was coming and knew I could wait until then.

But, remember how we decided to do a financial makeover??  Well, that meant our tax return was used to pay off debt and meant there was no money left for a rug for me.  I was bummed, but decided I would just get a cheap sisal rug and make do until I could save the money to buy a braided one.

So, you know how its been downright FROZEN this winter??  My kiddos had a two-hour delay on Friday and my normal babysitter wasn't available to put them on the bus.  I asked my mom to do it for me.  After she dropped them off for the bus she decided to swing into the local Re-Uzit shop and look around.  While there she found a huge braided rug for sale.  It was several colors of brown and was in great shape.  She looked at the price and noticed it was $25!!  TWENTY FIVE DOLLARS?!?!?!?! The rug was 11.5x 9.5!!!  That's a Phenomenal deal!! 

My mom bought it and I picked it up later that afternoon....once I got it home I realized it had a few holes, but they were all in the seams and were an easy fix.  It fits perfect in my kitchen and adds a cozy warmth to it!

My New Rug!


It might not have been the color I would have chosen, but it was the next best choice.  It's bigger than I would have bought and for $25, I didn't care.  Plus for that price its not a big loss if it doesn't last long. This story is a God story because my mom doesn't go in to the Re-Uzit shop very much, but she just "happened" to be going by because I needed a sitter that morning.  The rug just "happened" to be there and "happened" to be just what I was looking for and was a great price to boot!

I love sharing and hearing stories like this.  God knows everything about us and He even knows and cares about the small details.  He knew I wanted a rug for my kitchen, but knew that I didn't have the money to go out and buy one.  I feel this gift is God's way of blessing me for being faithful to Him.

We all know He cares about the BIG things...BUT, God cares about the little things too.  He is always there to bless us and provide for the little things. I could have just said thanks to my mom for getting me the rug and not looked any further than that. But I chose to see the blessing it was. God gave it to ME. 

How many times do we miss the blessings because we don't see them?  God has blessed us more than we can even fathom and half the time we take them for granted.  Did you wake up this morning?  Did you have a warm house, a car to drive, and food to eat??  All of these things are things we forget to be thankful for and see the blessings in them.  Your blessing might not be getting a new rug, but it could be finding shoes you need on sale or finding the purse you've been wanting at a yard sale. Take the time today to see God's blessings all around you.  Be thankful for the little things, because He really does Care...even about the little things!

No comments:

Post a Comment