Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Valentine's Day decor

Sorry I have not written lately, BUT I have been a tad busy.  I was recently asked to start teaching preschool again and I have been super busy getting my classroom ready.  I am now 3 days in and things are going great!  I have 10 kiddos in my class-which is really the perfect size.


I'm loving getting to know each child and learning about him or her.  They have such great little personalities already and I'm excited to be teaching them.  Ask me in 2 or 3 weeks if I still feel the same.  Never a dull moment working with kids that's for sure!




Last week I decorated my house for Valentine's Day.  You may think that sounds crazy, but I love to decorate and I have a good excuse.  Years ago my Grandma Nolt started giving me her old Valentines from when she was a kid. 

The Valentine with the little boy holding the flowers with the girl was one of my Great Aunt Anna Mary Martin's Valentines





















Now, I don't know about you, but I don't have any of the Valentine's I received as a kid.  My grandma, on the other hand, has a ton.  She was raised in an era that you saved everything; so here it is 60+ years later and she still has them.









So about 15 years ago she started letting me pick a Valentine to keep.  I was able to pick whichever Valentine I wanted but I was only able to pick 1 per year.  I cherished these Valentines because they are so neat to look at and so vintage.




















I realized years later that some were even HER Aunt Anna Mary's Valentines so that made them even more special.  These Valentines range from about 60-90 years old!!









I have proudly been displaying them in my house for many years, adding the new one each year.  They make me think of her when I look at them and I am so glad that she has kept them.





Do you decorate for Valentine's Day??  Do you have any of your Valentine's from when you were a kid??











1 comment:

  1. Renee, I simply love this post!!! I'm so happy you are enjoying these old Valentines!!! I always loved them too!! So glad they can be enjoyed for years to come!!! Thanks!! You have such an amazing talent of decorating!!!

    ReplyDelete