Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Trust me!

It's no secret that I'm a planner...I plan a monthly menu so I know what we're having for dinner each night, I plan my grocery list, I usually plan what I'm wearing the night before, and I plan my weekend plans ahead of time.  But most importantly I plan when I'm going to pay each bill so that it gets paid each month.  Sometimes this comes down to a science....you know what I'm talking about??  It's like this...if pay this bill now will I have enough for the rest of the week?  Can I pay a few bills ahead of time so that it doesn't seem so "tight" the rest of the month?  Some months are better than others but why oh why does it seem like we can never have any left over?  I do plan *see I'm a planner* to eat out once a week which our family gets pizza (sometimes wings,) which allots for about $20 a week, but for the most part this is all we eat out.

Money is always tight the week that rent is due and this week is no different.  I had it all planned out. My car registration and inspection were due by the end of the month.  I paid for the registration on Friday and I was getting it inspected today.  I was doing good...I had everything planned out for the rest of the month.  All the bills were paid but my phone bill which is due on the 31st.  Then we got some snow, now I had 2 two-hour delays which means I had to pay my friend  for watching my kiddos both mornings.  Ok Lord, you know I had this all planned out.  Why does it always happen the weeks that you don't have extra money; things unexpectedly pop up??

Okay so I go in to get my car inspected and Jason was pretty sure it wasn't going to need anything.  I was praying that was so.  I go in and hand them my coupon...see I PLANNED ahead and had a coupon!!  They inspect my jeep and tell me it failed because I need a new tire.... a TIRE!  WHAT?!?!??!?  Where the heck is THAT money going to come from?  For real?  Can you put the full-size spare on and pass it then?  NOPE....no such luck, that one failed too.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME LORD!?!?!

I'm faithful to you, I'm frugal with my money (sometimes the hubs says too much) I only use credit cards for emergencies, I AM A PLANNER!!!!!

But then He gently reminds me that He is the ultimate planner and that He's got this.  He knew that my tire wasn't going to pass inspection and He PLANNED it that way.  GASP....WHAT?!?!  Yes, He planned it that way.

Sometimes we go through the motions of this crazy busy life just doing what we have to do to get by and forget to stop and say Thank You to Him for all we have.  I think He uses these situations to show us that He is ultimately in control and that we're not.  I needed to take a step back today and say Lord, okay, I'm giving this to you.  I need to put my planning aside and TRUST that He has it all figured out.  I was so busy planning everything for myself that I forgot to see what HE has planned for me.  After all He does tell us in Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

Talk about a smack in the face....Hello!!! Could it be any more clear??  God doesn't want to harm me, not that I'm never going to get hurt, but He doesn't want that for me.  So here's to me giving my plans to God.  I'm still going to plan stuff, who am I kidding??  BUT I'm going to completely trust Him.  Thanks for the reminder Lord...I was getting a bit "off track"

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog. Yes He teaches us to trust Him in His way and not ours!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes....still learning everyday. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete