Monday, January 5, 2015

Winter Decorating







        The time has come to take down my Christmas decorations....I'm a little sad. Why, you ask?? Because now my house is empty.  But yet, I'm kinda happy with the less clutter.  I left my front porch decorated (for now).  Check out these cool branches I got a few weeks ago!  They were $1.00 a piece and I couldn't pass them up!  I'm loving the way they bring some "winter" to my front and back porch  arrangements.







Close up view of Lantern




On Saturday I made this treescape with a lantern I won at a white elephant gift exchange. Thanks Roseanne!!  I added some fake snow and some trees I had bought a few years ago from the Dollar Tree.  I thought it turned out really cute!  We'll see how long the "snow" lasts....says I can add water to refresh it. I'll keep ya posted.














 

I also left my favorite snowman up since its still winter. He makes his home on my mantle with some pip berries and a barn star.









I even left this tree up because I thought it looked cute for winter as well. 






So that's my house!  Even though Christmas decorations are done for this year I still leave some winter things up through January.

On another note my weather app said that it feels like 9 degrees outside.  Yippee.. *insert sarcasm here*...and 1-3 inches of snow  are predicted for tomorrow... 73 more days til Spring....can't come fast enough!
3

1 comment:

  1. Renee, I love your decorations!!! You have a gift of just knowing how to make things look great!! I really like the treescape in the lantern! Thanks for sharing!! Happy winter!!

    ReplyDelete