Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Declutter!!

So....I was bit by the decluttering bug today!  It kind of came out of left field, but I'm glad it bit me.  See I like to have things organized...sometimes I refer to it as Anally Organized, however, with two kids and a hubs around I'm not as organized at home as I would like to be.  At work I'm super organized but at home its easier to get lazy and wait for "another day."  Well.....today was that day!!

Do you have a junk drawer??  Me too....we actually we have 2 possibly 3.  But lets talk about the 2 that are in my kitchen.  Why oh why does everything seem to accumulate there?  I even have a drawer organizer and it still was a disaster.  The kids use the pencils from this drawer for homework, the scissors are located in this drawer, extra envelopes, tape, paper clips, and pretty much all our desk supplies.  However, also found in this drawer were bobby pins, a tape measure, a socket, curtain rod finnials, pictures, junk mail and some bubbles.  Where does all this Crap come from??

Ahhhhhhhhh my clean drawer! 

I usually just shove stuff in this drawer when people are coming over.  It's in the corner of my kitchen and at the perfect spot to throw everything into...out of sight out of mind right?!??!  But when it gets to the point of having to shove papers down to close the drawer we have a problem.

This is how our lives can get if we don't stop to clean up our lives and decrapify all the junk. *Gasp* did I just say that??  Yes! We go through the motions day after day and barely stop to breathe sometimes.  We run from thing to thing and finally collapse into bed at night.  We've all got crap...I know that I would rather look past stuff than to get rid of it or face the junk.  Am I being a good friend?  Am I being a good wife and mother?  Am I being attentive to those around me?  Am I showing Christ to those around me? Or the other "stuff"...how am I going to pay all the bills this month? Why can't I just lose the weight?  Why does life have to be so hard??  And too much else to name.

When we give our lives to Christ he promises to share our burdens and take our load upon Him.  He promises to take all our junk and help to decrapify our lives.  He doesn't promise it will be easy but He does promise to be there along the way.  It might be hard to bring everything to the surface and it might cause pain, but it can also be so freeing to finally release all the Garbage we've been holding onto to Christ.

Starting out this new year is a good time to get rid of the clutter in your lives as well as the clutter in our homes.  I'm glad that I was able to clean out my drawers and organize them again.  In fact, I think its a great time to get rid of the junk I've been carrying around for way too long as well.

2 comments:

  1. Very good Renee!! I think everybody can identify with clutter in our house and lives!! I find it a constant battle to keep clutter out of my life. Thank you for your blog!! I love and appreciate it!! (also love how neat drawers look after declutter)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks....we'll see how long it lasts!! Yes...it is a constant battle!

    ReplyDelete